Bravery, thy name is Pemberley.
De-potting Tarte’s “The Big Thrill” limited edition color palette.
A reader asked me to share how I de-potted my beautiful,
sweet, innocent, not deserving to be mangled Tarte holiday mega-palette that I purchased at Ulta the other day. Well, I was successful! Here’s how I did it in six easy steps!
- Step 1: Remove topmost layer. This should pull off easily as it is very stiff. Be careful not to bend the board.
- Step 2: Voila! Now peel back the corners to reveal the seam of the cardboard backing.
- Step 3: Peel off the cardboard backing and gold foil. This allows for less insulation from the heat of your blow dryer.
- Step 4: Peel off the top grid of cardboard to give easy access to your palette knife.
- Step 5: Hold your blow dryer under the cardboard for up to 10 seconds to heat the glue. Use a palette knife as you would a spatula on a pancake. DO NOT lift the spatula, keep it flat. Think of it as slicing the glue from the backing.
- TIP: Do not do this! Start from the outside and work with empty spaces behind you to avoid destroying your beautiful shadows! Also, this is NOT a crowbar! It is a spatula, remember?! Don’t pry, slice! Make sure to heat the backing before removing each shadow.
- Step 6: Place shadows in your empty palette. You’re all done!
- Don’t forget to recycle that cardboard! ;)
It’s a real shame that I have to depot this beautiful package, but my goal here is to build my green beauty kit quickly and affordably, and mega palettes are a great way to do that when you are just starting out. So, enjoy! And please, please, recycle any pieces that you can.
Good luck makeup warriors!