This Winter has been… how can I put this….. RIDDLED WITH ANXIETY. Yeah, that works. For a long time I have been working my green beauty butt off behind the scenes and my weekends have looked a lot like my week days. This weekend I had one of those magical-type-weekends that I haven’t had in ages and I feel like ruminating on it a little longer.
I take so many photos that I never share out of fear of spamming the world (I take A LOT of photos), but I dunno, maybe it’s because I’m still in bed drinking coffee or maybe because I don’t want to forget how powerful a good weekend can be for your psyche but I felt like sharing some photos and #thingsaboutme from this weekend:
1. Dinner and a show on Friday with new friends. (Spark friends!) This is Cruiser, check them out they’re pretty amazing!
2. The only time I think to take pictures of me and Matt together is when I have had a couple drinks and we are walking. They are always blurry and terrible, I will get yelled at for posting this. My kids will wonder why there are no pictures of Mom and Dad that aren’t blurry, but 25,000 razor sharp photos of beauty products.
3. Sunday I did hair and makeup for a shoot that took place at the most amazing place ever. Maggpie Vintage Rentals in Philadelphia. Two unbelievably talented folks who make, collect, and arrange the most beautiful things ever. Don’t believe me, here’s some photos:
4. Someday I want a house that can handle this exact table, and this gaggle of chairs:
5. I want THIS chair.
6. I want all of THIS.
7. Edward Hopper is one of my favorite painters of all time and I felt like I was living inside one of his paintings while watching Jillian and Ryan of With Love and Embers shoot Natalie of Birdhouse Productions, all ridiculously talented folks, if you don’t feel like saluting Monday click on those links, you won’t regret it.
8. After the shoot Matt met up with me and we had a delicious meal and drinks but more importantly shared THIS rice pudding. It was so good, please leave a link for a recipe if you have one, I think I’ll become obsessed with making rice pudding now.
9. This is a non-sequiter but my hair is now so long that it doesn’t fit into selfies, and especially not into a square shaped one. I’m fascinated by how long it is but I don’t even like it and I plan to cut it all off when I launch because I am that kind of person. I want to go to a green salon, please feel free to recommend one in the philly/NYC area. <3
10. I’m ready for spring. This is an old photo from a trip to Longwood Gardens with a beloved friend and I can’t wait to go back there with her and stick my face in front of some flowers again.
I hope you guys had great weekends too, please share what you did in the comments, if you don’t I’ll have to get back to doing real work!
This photo is in color. 👊👄 Black lipstick and liner from Pumpkin & Poppy of Etsy/Artfire. #makeup #etsy #90schile
My very first sneak peek 👀. So grateful for sister help. She gets paid in product 😏
Caru’s French Green Clay soap unmasked. This stuff practically glows 😍 (ps it smells amaaaazing) 🌷 #skincare #organic #greenbeauty
Can’t help but wonder if my mailman has noticed how good my mail always smells? Thank you @caruskincareco for the stunning package! 😍
#skincare #design #beauty #greenbeauty
Well, since my mother is “getting sick of looking at that lemon water” here’s what I’ll be testing this week! Some awesome #makeup goods c/o W3ll People, thanks guys! Anyway, happy football or something? Hope your snacks are good.
Did you guess “a baby”? Well you’re wrong, and you are officially entitled to one feminist rant, which you can collect at a later date. It’s not a baby, at least not one with arms and legs. I am however, giving birth to a business: Pemberley Jones is well on her way to becoming a store.
Ahhhh. I feel like I can breath again. Pemberley Jones has been on Matt and my to-do list for a thousand weekends and not telling you guys was killing me. Worse yet, it was making blogging almost impossible.
I didn’t want to announce without it being a for-sure-and-nearby-thing, but since I’ve got inventory showing up on my doorstep daily I think it’s safe to say this is happening FO’ REAL.
Since I know you’ve got questions I’ll try to answer a few here:
- Who: Matt and I have spent the last year designing an online store, so you can bet your bottom dollar, it’s going to be gorgeous.
- What: An online store for natural and organic makeup and skincare.
- When: March. (That’s as specific as I’ll dare to get right now.)
- Where: Online. Right here. All you gotta do is stay tuned.
- Why: Why?! Because I LOVE this stuff. I love these products, and I LOVE sharing them with you. I was determined to make photography, makeup, and skincare into a job, and I think I can do it well and do it in a way that will make a lotta people’s eyeballs happy.
- Will you keep blogging? Heck yes! That’s what this is all about.
- Can I follow you on Instagram and Twitter to see what you’re up to? OK. I made that one up, and it’s completely self-serving. But YES, since I’m trying hard to get launched, Instagram and Twitter are where I’ll be spending my time for the next month.
Lastly, a quick word on life and blogging, this is Pemberley’s second birthday after all. I’m paraphrasing here, but I think it was Man Repeller who once said that her advice to people who don’t know what they want to do with their lives is to start a blog. For me, it’s been so incredibly true and I’m grateful to all of you who come here to read and comment, talk, tweet, and pin green beauty with me. I’d recommend blogging to anyone who needs to sort themselves out; it has been the most rewarding experience of my life and I don’t ever want it to stop.
Well there it is, my big dirty secret. Were you right? Did you have a different guess? I’m kinda dying to know, let’s hear it in the comments ladies and gents:
Tonight’s dilemma: picking a bath bomb and a mask. Loving this one from Kahina. Bath bombs are from #Nourish in Savannah. #nightnight 😲
Wow @meowmeowtweet you really know how to brighten a girl’s day! Testing out these and more this week! ❤️🐱 thanks guys! #skincare #kitties #meow
Since y’all asked, the feather lashes were a disaster. I couldn’t see with them on. Scissorless, I attempted to cut them down with my tweezers. It ended in some sort of aviary hotel slaughter scene and I was forced to choose another set of lashes to match my silver liner which I created with the silver from the #MUFE flash palette. This is why makeup practice runs have value.. Sorry to disappoint.
All in all I ended up having an amazing New Years, which I had begun to give up on thinking was a thing. Hope you had a good one too! #happynewyear💩 🎉 #makeup